Easter is all about celebrating new life and the eternal nature of our souls.
Eggs symbolise new life. Create your own divine Homemade Sacred Earth Easter Eggs for your renewal rituals or just for fun with your family & friends! Fill them with chocolatey goodness and your own renewal ritual prayers and wishes.
It only takes 5 mins to make the chocolate! (For dying your own eggs prepare them 1 day in advance! See instructions* below recipe. Or for quick results simply use chocolate moulds or any silicone ice cube trays).
Makes approximately 4 - 6 eggs or 1-2 chocolate mould trays.
- 90g Sacred Earth Medicine Ceremonial Cacao paste/liquor, finely grated
- 70g cacao butter, chopped or in buttons
- 70g raw organic creamed coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup (or more to taste)
- Melt cacao butter in a glass bowl or pyrex jug, over boiled water
- Add cacao liquor & creamed coconut & stir.
- Remove from heat when melted.
- Gently stir in vanilla & maple syrup to combine (avoid over stirring or the oil may begin to separate).
- When mixed, pour into chocolate mould, silicon ice cube trays, lined dish etc or into your prepared natural eggshell mould - see below.
- Chill in fridge or freezer until hard.
- Feel free to add fruit and nuts or your fav flavour flourishes before pouring the chocolate over!
Natural eggshell moulds
Ingredients: 6 Eggs
- Pierce a hole in the top and bottom of each egg, with a sharp skewer, knife tip etc.
making one hole a good 5mm wide, the other can be smaller.
- Blow the eggs out through the bigger hole.
- Rinse well and stand to let them dry out.
Natural vegetable dying
Get experimental & give whatever you’ve got a go! Choose your colour from different fruit and veges such as beetroot, onion, cabbage, turmeric and blueberries and simply
- Cover the vegetable/s so there’s an inch of water over the top, add 2tbsp of vinegar, bring to boil, then simmer for 30 mins.
- Strain your dye and pour it over your empty egg shell in a jam jar, cover with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the beautiful colours the next day.
Filling your eggs
Use a jug with a fine spout, or a tomato sauce squeezy bottle, to carefully fill your egg. Once filled freeze until set. You will have fun peeling and devouring your real Easter egg!